Thursday, January 03, 2008

Wanton Wonton.

A new year and yes, it appears that I am still all of twelve-years-old. Or, at least my sense of ha ha is.

Granted, finding humour at the expense of people's and product's names (which appears to be a main preoccupation of this blog) must be one of the baser forms of amusement, but I wonder if this noodle and wonton manufacturer is in any way related to our Malaysian friend, Soon Fatt Hung? Okay, no I don't.

Still an all-time great in the names department, does anybody remember former Maryland basketball player, Exree Hipp? You can also add other basketball classics like Scientific Mapp from Florida A&M (and his brother, Majestic) and God Shammgod (I wonder if the given name helped him avoid a smiting for the 'sham' reference in his surname?) who earned a cup of coffee in the NBA (more like an espresso shot, it was so brief).

No comments: