Okay, so I guess I hadn't had enough exercise for the day after playing tennis for the first time in a year (and at that, the second time in ten). Or enough exercise after 15-20 clicks of walking the day prior. So, let's lug heavy, old, solid (enough adjectives yet?) wood around a couple of buildings, into and out of a van, etc. In the middle of the night. Yeah, that's the one. No aching and throbbing at all. But really, considering the haul -- well worth it. It turns out the University is getting rid of some of its old surplus furniture in order to prepare for renovations. I love old wood furniture, so I'd be glad to oblige. Even if it's the middle of the night.

So, the haul was impressive, filling up the back of the van. Chairs, an old drawer and la crème de la crème: old microscope lockers. Was pretty geeked about those. They make an excellent impromptu dining room hutch. Would also make an excellent liquor cabinet should the need for one arise. Quirky furniture -- yay! They just don't build 'em like they used to.

Ah...bestill my heart. Love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment