While I'm certainly not one to discriminate against a fine grain like wheat, if I happen to have a hankering (yes, I'm continuing with the alliterative theme) for some deep-fried, doughy goodness, I think I'm going to want to go all out. Health consciousness be darned like a sock. The sheaves of wheat look pretty and all, but for a savings of just a whopping 20 calories over the regular glazed donut? As they say in Germany, nein, danke.
You know, when you make a product that doesn't really go stale, I'm already thinking it's not going to be the healthiest choice. I've also long been skeptical of fast food's 'healthy' options, particularly after finding out salads have actually long been among the worst options, but if I'm ordering a donut, I tend to be doing so with the understanding I might just need to take the stairs an extra couple of times. Or else end up with a donut around my midsection.



No comments:
Post a Comment