Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Hello. My Name is Spam.

It seems taking a bit more than a week off from posting has led Blogger's cyber police (ooh, bugs crawling through the system and ghosts in the machine!) to arrive at the belief Celluloid in Cinders, Sold Slowly is nothing more than a spam blog. Well, I guess they just may have a point there -- by Blogger's definition, spam blogs "...can be recognized by their irrelevant, repetitive, or nonsensical text..."

Because of this false positive (making me feel like Floyd Landis, only innocent), I have been handcuffed from posting until a fully breathing (well, at least somewhat breathing) Blogger cop can verify that, for whatever it's worth, this is indeed a legit attempt at contributing to the swirl of online publishing. Up to two days in the lock-up. I'm just glad my non-blogging reverie didn't continue longer as they threatened to delete my toasty little niche after only two weeks. And after my most serious post yet, too. Conspiracy, I tell ya.

Granted, there is about as much substance here as in the Hormel product -- yessir, all filler, all the time -- but I particularly appreciated the validation that "since you're an actual person reading this, your blog is probably not a spam blog". And I had been wondering what to write tonight. Eureka! Thank you, Blogger. Inspiration. No really, thank you. Henceforth, this intrepid blogger'll strive to make his ramblings more relevant.

[edit: it ended up only taking the Blogger gods a little more than a day to sweep up the bugs and unlock the door to posting]

No comments: