As a guy, it's not like I can say I have the highest standards for washrooms, particularly after having been in some rather sketchy ones in Asia (you know you're not in Kansas anymore when an attendant lurking outside the door offers to sell you Kleenex for five ringit on your way in). That said, I still found the mixed messages on this door to be a bit baffling. Or some might say, shocking.What, did the architects run out of space and leave the fairer sex a renovated closet chock full of live wires? I'm not so sure I'd be comfortable heading in here, where the so-called throne could very well be akin to 'the chair'. One would think it certainly wouldn't be pleasant to have to use these facilities if you had a pacemaker. Oh well, at least the skirt-shaped yield sign is the appropriate.
This note, posted beside the sink (no, not in the same bathroom mentioned above - we established the whole male/female thing, remember?) just hit the nail on the head for being the most obvious of the day. At least it's polite. That and it gets the grammar of "onto" (rather than "on") correct. Of course, the last sentence is a completely different story. Looks like the author slipped, too; someone must have got the page wet.



No comments:
Post a Comment