I can just picture the successful applicants now, running through fields of posies with tiny lassos, accompanied by a soundtrack of Puccini."I'm going to wrangle myself a blue one!" Wranglers? Really? I can't imagine the silken-winged critters putting up much of a fight as they flutter by. Of course, curious to see how common the term "Butterfly Wrangler" is, I punched it into Google. 38 hits.
Needless to say, I chuckled when I saw the sign while walking through the Biology & Geology building this morning. As advertising goes, it worked. I felt this was a position that should be added to the list of cool jobs on campus that sound comical, which also includes a bug chef for one of the larger research facilities (one who makes food for insects, not out of them).
It also reminded me of the all-time classic cat-herding commercial:



No comments:
Post a Comment