Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Technorati.

Alright, I'll admit it: sometimes the inner-geek in me screams to get out. But in a manly voice. When it comes to this blog, I can try to justify it by saying that one of my initial reasons for having started it in the first place was to teach myself a bit more about blogging and other tools available on the Internet. Ah, media literacy. Oh, and to have another creative outlet. Not to mention an odd feeling of exhibitionism, paradoxically clad in a suit of letters.

Having been made aware of Technorati a while back, I started checking it out and decided I wanted to break the top million. Ooh, such a lofty goal. Why? A triviality for most normal people, but I also have a minor obsession with statistics. Nice round numbers. I've kept flirting with it, but then found myself dropping ten to twenty thousand spots in a day before rebounding. Like a really, really long yo-yo.

In the next step of my blogging self-apprenticeship, I actually created a Technorati account last night to be able to integrate some of the widgets into my blog. I look forward to soon adding the feature which lists recent posts from my favourite blogs, but a number of their pages have been down since last night. Which takes me to this:



I logged in to Technorati this morning and found myself listed as one of the featured bloggers (my icon is the last one in the first row). Sure, it's no big deal -- it just means that I've recently claimed my blog, but I still got an odd kick out of it. Yes, trivialities again.

2 comments:

WhereIsBisonDele? said...

Number 879,940 as of December 15; yay, broke a million!

WhereIsBisonDele? said...

And a new high (er, low?) as of March 21: 835,242