Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Why Would You Make a Monkey Swim?

Okay, yes these pages have lain rather fallow over the past week as I brace myself to spend 20 hours on the plane this weekend while heading to Malaysia.

But, swimming monkeys! SWIMMING MONKEYS! (said with wide eyes and a slight dance). No, really -- Swimming-freakin' monkeys! Looking at one of the places we're looking to go in Langkawi, where the Asian jungle reaches out like fingertips tapping on the beach, it seems there are macaque monkeys who like to partake in the ocean. And flying squirrels ("Bullwinkle, Bullwinkle!") Oh, and metre-and-a-half long monitor lizards. So excited. I've swum with dolphins, but monkeys? Awesome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you find the swimming monkeys?! In two weeks I will be in Langkawi, and I would like to know where to look!

WhereIsBisonDele? said...

I didn't find any who were swimming at the time I was there, but there are certainly many places to see them, one of the best being the seven veils waterfall. Enjoy your trip -- it's a great spot.