Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Frozen Out.

Considering it's what I do for a living, I like to pay particular attention to communications efforts made by others. I will note, however, that, much like common sense not being so common, communications people themselves can often be among the worst communicators.

The media release to the right came into our offices today and, though there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, I did still wonder if its writer sat there recognizing full-well the inherent irony of what s/he was saying.

It advertised, after all, the cancellation of the Fire Department's ice rescue demonstration. Because of the cold. Too much ice, maybe? Reschedule to June? Couldn't they just light a fire to warm things up? Note to self: don't fall through the ice on a day it's -20 out or you might not be rescued. Actually, I think I'll just subscribe to not falling through the ice at all.

1 comment:

Victoria Martin said...

bwahahahahahaha!!!