Friday, October 13, 2006

Charlie-in-the-Box.

Walking into the kitchen last night, we came across the just-purchased, yet suddenly furrier-than-expected blue box. Had it grown ears? And a fluffy tail? Seems Sir Charlie had discovered a new spot for repose. "Um, I'm en-vi-ron-men-tally- (that's a tough word for a cat missing its front teeth) friendly cat-thing," he said. "And I thought you might've stashed the treats in there." At least he didn't use it as a litter box.

I had heard of the Cat in The Hat (and regrettably, the movie version, too), but never Cat-in-the-Box. Timely, though, as The University of Western Ontario is giving away a Jack-in-the-box featuring one of its football players this weekend, following up on last year's bobblehead gimmick. And the featured player is quick as a cat. Ah, it's all coming together now: Charlie, a marketing wizard.

"Um, yeah, those ears belonged to me. What were you expecting? And no, these walls are not padded. But I like the blue; it accents my coat, don't you think? I wonder what Candice Olsen could do to this place on Divine Design?"

No comments: