Sunday, October 08, 2006

Happy Turkey Day.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. I'm particularly thankful to many of you for your support over the past year -- certainly a trying one for me. And to others of you, I'm thankful for ongoing support over the years despite my not always picking up the phone as often as I should.

Really, no matter which way life turns, we are still surrounded by plenty of things for which we can, or should, be thankful. Little things. Big things. Or at least I am. The way someone looks at you with a glint in their eyes. Friendship. Family. The laughter of children. And their neck hugs. The ever-changing beauty of the world. And of new experience. Freedom to think, write and believe what you want. And to act silly. Health, to whatever degree. That it could always be worse. Warmth in winter. Cool in summer. Fall leaves and spring flowers. Memory. Pictures to assist it. A soft touch. Words: good, new and intriguing. Caring for someone. Being cared about. Having encountered many people who don't necessarily realize the extent to which they have impacted your life. And trying to pare down that list by letting them know. A pet's whisper. Trust. Overcoming obstacles. Not being able to list everything for which you are thankful.

Happy thanksgiving. Be safe. Enjoy your families, football, pie and irrational amounts of turkey. Then be thankful that the aching in your stomachs will indeed go away. Eventually. But maybe only after a smidge more stuffing. With gravy.

No comments: