Yes, a week elapsed between posts as I decided to devote my computer time to taking that leap of technological faith by switching over to the new Blogger Beta. Oooh, sooo daring am I. The learning curve continues. While the beta seems to be much more user-friendly, particularly for luddites, I think I had actually become accustomed to having to manipulate the HTML. Who'd a thunk? Anyway, the transition has taken some time as I didn't really want to lose any bells and whistles I had integrated (such as they are) and it took me some time to figure out how to include them in the new version. At least Blogger gives you the option of returning to your previous template at any point (which I did, time and time again, until I was able to integrate all of the desired elements.)
As for new features, I believe the click-and-drag option will make things easier, particularly when trying to manipulate the template (which, previously, was HTML-only). The new drop-down menus for previous posts are also more user friendly, especially if you're looking for a particular post. The option that really made me switch, though, is the ability to tag posts and then surf according to said tags. Blogger had been a bit behind on that one, compared to other software. And for good measure, the photo in this post was my first attempt at publishing directly from Flickr.
Not sure what happened, but twenty per cent of my all-time blog hits came over the past two days (120 or so). Not sure why. But, all down the eastern seaboard of the Americas and western Europe lit up my little tracking map like a Christmas tree. Um, thanks? Danke. Merci.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment