It was a gorgeous, fall day for a stroll to the market. Leaves, crisp as the air. The bustle of bundled people and the smell of coffee hanging languidly in the air. Soon, the odours of home fires, crackling, will make everyone outside envious. Have I mentioned just how much I love the fall? And wandering through markets, looking for tiny treasures. And meats and cheeses. And doing that wandering, hand-in hand? I had missed that. My paws had been lonely.I love this time of year; it conjures many fine memories, like a faded photograph that lingers in my mind. And in my senses, etched indelibly.
Sure, it snowed a couple of days ago -- and that feeling remained in the air -- but it was sunny. And people were upbeat, though sporting scarves and extra layers. A gorgeous day for a stroll, past old houses we could imagine buying. And remodeling. Though I don't really have the capacity to do either right now.So it was off to the market, which always brings with it its own distinct sounds, smells and sights. Though it was relatively quiet today, the market offered its usual assortment of meats, cheeses, prepared foods, flowers and gift items, like the vases above. It was nice to get out and forget about the complexities of life for a while. And tenderly caress the pastries.



No comments:
Post a Comment