Friday, August 18, 2006

Charlie-sitting (and standing) continues.

As Charlie-sitting continues -- and particularly as a certain special someone is abroad and missing the little furrball -- today's update will again feature the bean-licking wonder. Charlemagne.


"It has been a long day, UD, will you puh-lease put the camera away already? Where's Farah? I know you're still trying to make up for the whole 'Barkley' episode, but my fame has come. I get it. I've been blogged. Now I'm just bagged. I want to rest. You tire me out, dang-gum-it. Um, where's mom? I miss her, you know. You told her on the phone? Good -- you'll train up nicely. Now put the camera away and go get me a treat, post-haste."

When I came back to the house today, I was greeted less by a little feline friend than by a Hansel and Gretel-like trail from the dining room to the kitchen. Except it wasn't candy (Mmm, candy. I wonder if there's any candy stashed around here?) Nope, it was beans. 11 victims at this scene, chalk outlines intact. One more in the dining room. Approached by a little furrball with raised eyebrows and an Alfred E. Newman "Who me?" look, I contemplated. Recaltricant perhaps? I think not. Still, he got a treat. Let's try playing good cop. And he finally ate it directly from my fingers. Purring and tail-wagging included. Yes, indeedy, the master plan is falling into place (we both say, grinning slyly).

"What, you think that just because you have a picture of me with a bean in it, you have any sort of evidence of my 'alleged' culpability? It means nothing. I stick my tongue out at you -- that's what I think of your callow accusations. They're not worth a hill of beans. If the bean doesn't fit, you must acquit! I was just guarding it for you, UD. (*Batting eyelashes*) I thought you might be hungry. Well, are you? Um, furry bean is my specialty. I mean, I mean, I mean, it came that way. Yeah, from the furry bean plant."

"Oh, THOSE security camera shots. It wasn't me? You're not buying it? But I'm furry. And I'll pace in figure eights around you. Will you pet me now? A treat perhaps?" So yes, Jack and the Beanstalk was a good story, but Charlie and the Bean Stalk was even better.


"I may be sitting in the corner, but that's not an indication of my guilt. I'm just sad because I miss mom. You know what make me feel a tiiiiiiny bit better? Yes, that's it (*rubbing paws together with the slightest hint of a sly grin*). That's right, UD, coming along nicely indeed. Now, be a good boy and go get me my treat. Chop, chop."

No comments: